[3830] WPX CW KD2MX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KD2MX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 06:31:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:    0
   80:   21
   40:   81
   20:  175
   15:   36
   10:   11
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This event is such fun, even without sunspots.  20M to EU was pretty awful much
of the time yet I managed to work a few VKs near midnight local time on
Saturday.  Go figure.  Not too much on 15m but it wasn't dead either and there
was even some life to 10M on Saturday.  Didn't hear anybody on 160m.

I had planned to run QRP but the poor solar forecast and some early QRP
attempts convinced me that going LP would be a lot more fun.  This was a
part-time effort for me but I was able to grab an hour here, two hours there,
and I ended up with 15 or so hours.  Sunday was a bit slow although I managed
to get a few good runs early in the day which was fun.  The appearance of some
very strong local QRN Sunday afternoon made the last hours tough going.

I was happy to beat my personal goals and nearly doubled my QSO total from last
year. Still seems that everybody had higher numbers but I guess that's life with
a simple wire antenna. Be nice to almost double again next year.