[3830] WPX CW WA5Y(@N2IC) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WA5Y(@N2IC) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:25:30 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WA5Y
Operator(s): N2IC, WA5Y
Station: N2IC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 39

------------
  160:   15
   80:  130
   40:  703
   20: 1350
   15:  305
   10:    9
------------

Club:

Comments:

A very auspicious start. Missed 6 of the first 9 hours to thunderstorms, and an
additional 3 hours on Saturday afternoon. Felt like we were playing catch-up
the rest of the time, which made for some fun high-rate hours.

Considering there were zero sunspots and disturbed conditions, it wasn't as bad
I as feared. 40 and 80 were excellent to JA and the far east, although activity
was down. Of course, the window of common nighttime to that area is only a few
hours long during the summer. 15 opened to both EU and JA, but wasn't runnable
from here. 20 opened over the pole Saturday night, but the number of UA4, UA6,
UA9 and UA0 stations wasn't as high as I expected. It may have opened Friday
night, but we were busy eating pizza waiting for the thunderstorms to die out
!

It was great to be joined by Russ, WA5Y. Russ is a hidden contesting talent,
and only lives a few miles away. Watch out for us in future contests !

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73,
Steve, N2IC