[3830] WPX CW K0PK SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentp@co.st-louis.mn.us
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K0PK SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 05:52:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Eveleth, MN
Operating Time (hrs): 34.95
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   16
   80:   80
   40:  166
   20:  583
   15:   78
   10:   22
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This was my first all-band single op contest and first CW WPX. Had a great time!
Conditions to Europe on 20m were poor on Saturday, much better on Sunday.
Passing storms and precip. static on the beam made for difficult receive
conditions at times. 40m from here to Europe wasn't as productive as I had
hoped....too much local QRN.

At this point in the solar cycle it's not easy to work the high-value mults.
from the "black hole" of northern Minnesota so I had to settle for a
disproportionate number of domestic QSOs which kept the score relatively low.

Thanks to everyone for all the QSOs and especially to W0BH and NQ4I for
six-band "sweeps."

Station setup:  FT-2000, TS-940S, Telrex TB5EM & wires.

73 - Paul, K0PK