[3830] WPX CW C6AYM(K9GY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW C6AYM(K9GY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:14:43 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: C6AYM
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nassau FL15HB
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:  139
   40:  490
   20:  753
   15:  123
   10:   26
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Bahamas Ya Mon!

Whew bands condx sounded crummy on Saturday so I took a listen to WWV
to find out the A=16 and K=4...ouch! I should of taken more off time
during this portion of the contest but decided to slug it out...which
was a tactical error on my part.

I don't use caffeine so fatigue caught up to me on Saturday night. Between
Dayton, work, travel, and setup...my energy level was destined for a recharge
at some point. Unfortunately, that hurt my low band effort on the second night.
Some day I'll get the off time planning figured out!

At 2345z Saturday (almost 1/2 way through) the maintenance man knocks on the
door and informs me that the #1 boss wants me to take down the antennas! I had
coordinated (before arriving) for the use of the roof etc with the #2 boss so I
was surprised and disappointed in this request. I mentioned that the contest was
1/2 way over and that in another 24 hours everything would be down...I asked
whether we could work something out. Well he never came back so that was a good
sign. Anyways the #2 in charge didn't mention the radio antennas to the #1 in
charge and supposedly some toes were stepped on.

Misc notes:
No flight delays either way. Had a perfect view of the Nassau harbor entrance
for seeing all the cruise ships. Finished setup at 1600 local on Thursday. Wow
has Atlantis expanded! Winds were 10-20 mph...glad antennas all stayed up!
Explored some new restaurants. Long coax runs (150-200') since I was at the far
north end of the hotel.

Hotel $482, Air $352, overweight baggage charges $125, parking $152,
operating as DX from The Bahamas....priceless :-)

Yaesu FT-857D and the following antennas about 60-65 feet ASL:
80m dipole (80/10m)
40m dipole (40/15m)
Force12 Sigma-40XK/remote (20m)

Well I didn't beat my 2006 score but I still had FUN!

73, Eric
No worries Mon!