[3830] ARRL June VHF WD0T Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WD0T Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:55:57 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  339   131  Total Score = 46,898

Club:

Comments:

Wow, what a contest, I really like this one. Conditions started off very slowly,
mostly working rovers and others within 200 miles, including W0SD/R and KD0S/R
keeping things interesting, thanks to the team of Ed-W0SD/Arliss-W7XU at W0SD/R
and Jim-KD0S/R.  Had high power on 6m at the start of the contest, then the amp
blew up about 1.5 hours in, thankfully we got it repaired Saturday evening
before the Sunday run. Had 3 shorted electrolytics in the capacitor bank, and
had a spare capacitor bank in another SB220/221 amp. Also, didn't get 222 on
the air until late Saturday evening.

Really only made very few contacts that were not rovers or locals the first
day.Ended the first day with 30 Q's and 26 mults, very slow.  Since the amp
blew was running 100 watts on all bands.

Sunday was MUCH better, got good Es to the east starting at about 1600 hours
UTC Sunday morning, and it lasted until 2024 hours UTC, little over 4 hours and
275 Q's in the log, thats more like it!! I heard very little from the west,
mainly just from Ohio east, but a very good and fun opening.

Things shut down after that opening for a while and then at 0205 UTC got a good
opening into EM and EL grids, worth 23 new grids, thanks guys for being on.

It was a very interesting contest, set up towers and antennas the week leading
up to the contest, and finished up during the contest when it was quiet, which
it was most of the first day.

Thanks everyone for a great event, and ARRL for sponsoring, and thank you for
all the contacts.

Lord Bless you all, 73 Todd WD0T