[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3KZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VE3KZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:53:06 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  201    90  Total Score = 20,250

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thank goodness for conditions on 6m on Sunday even if the skip was focused and
VERY sporadic!
It turned out to be a horserace with VA3KA, a difference of 53 points! Ken, if
we had worked on 2m I would have been ahead! Only one problem on Sunday when I
heard VE3FGU working a whole group of Ottawa FN15/FN25 on 2m and my rotor
jammed before I could turn it to the NE! Needed a short tower climb to fix the
problem.
6m ranged from FN74 to DN94 to EM00 to EL94 with really nasty QSB. Now you hear
him now you don't. 2m was pretty flat here. Other most consistant noticeable
local activity was from VE3FHM and VE3DXP. They should have good scores.
Still just using the IC-706MKIIG, 4el on 6, 13el on 2 and 11el on 432. As
VA3KA's score shows, one or two more bands would be a good investment.

73 Bob VE3KZ