[3830] WPX CW OV3X(OZ8AE) SOAB(TS)(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz8ae@qrz.dk
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OV3X(OZ8AE) SOAB(TS)(R) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 02:02:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OV3X
Operator(s): OZ8AE
Station: OV3X

Class: SOAB(TS)(R) LP
QTH: Virum
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:   78
   40:  181
   20:  348
   15:  153
   10:  100
------------

Club: Danish DX-Group

Comments:

In March 2007 the Danish Telecom Agency opened up for additional prefixes here
in Denmark. We have now OU OV OZ 5P 5Q. Some Years ago I worked the WPX from
5P1ER and found it very difficult to use that c/s, as many received it as
HP1ER. Therefore I selected OV3X.
It was hard too, and a lot of operators simply don't trust themselves and just
write down what they hear!. They are asking for the c/s.
However a lot of well knows contesters really got it first time when I called
them.
But what I don't understand is that 90% of my QSOs, I was asked to repeat the
serial number (did they hope for s/n and c/s?)
I checked out my RF signal and it sounded OK. But I admit - on low band the QRN
was very high and it was really difficult to work stations. - Strange that we
have thunder and lightening on most WPX CW contests?.
It was mostly an European contest party with few openings for DX.
Rig: IC-775DSP with 100 watts, TH3MK4 at 35 ft and a Carolina Windom 80 at 35
ft. One leg vertical for better performance on 40 meters - and Yes - it works.
Will I work another contest with OV3X - YES.
You must get used to this call sign as well.
73 to all of You.