[3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:17:41 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 15

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   6      5
   40:  30     14
   20:  10      4
-------------------
Total:  46     23  Total Score = 1,058

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

As usual, it was a drive from across Houston, last gasp, running to the chair
start of the contest.

I arrived home from the TDXS meeting, plugged in antennas and SixPak antenna
switch box control cables, ran into the radio room, turned on the computer,
copied over the previous NCCC cfg file to a new NS contest version, ran TRLog
for the NS, turned on the radios (TA DAAAA...both radio's frequencies appeared
on the TRLog screen like they should), and realized the keyer was not hooked up
from it's trip to ZF1A--ran to kitchen and found 3 AA's, put them in the keyer,
plugged in the paddles and key line and hit a dit.  It all worked...

I think I was one minute late starting...the smoothest start so far...

Too much time on 40, not enough on 80 and 20.  Gotta fix that...

Not really SO2R....couldn't get comfortable at the beginning with both audios,
so ran single radio at a time.  Gotta fix that, too.

As usual:  Great fun!

regards,
dale, kg5u