[3830] MARAC SSB N8II Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MARAC SSB N8II Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:54:04 -0700
                    MARAC SSB QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~22

------------
   80:    6
   40:  158
   20: 1019
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1183  Counties = 608  Total Score = 2,836,740

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a pleasant surprise, one of the biggest in my 30+ year contest
 career! Not everybody was at Dayton, 20 meters was a bottomless pit
 of casual operators calling in. I've gotten about 60 QSL's so far,
 evidence of many new hams on HF. On several occasions sporadic E
 greatly improved my coverage area working many 9's and 4's. The
 skip zone on 20 shortened up to include my own state's southern and
 western areas around 01Z the first night and several NY stations
 were worked as well. Both days featured sporadic E around 17-19Z
 which also helped the 20M QSO total quite a bit. I worked all states
 by afternoon Saturday including about 6 QSO's with HI in 3 counties
 and 2 with AK in 2 counties. 53 TX counties were worked; 33 in KY,
 30 in CA, 27 in FL, 29 in WI, 29 in IL, 24 in MN