[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 05:22:03 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 22

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:28

  160:   0      0
   80:  12      7
   40:  25     14
   20:  14      6
-------------------
Total:  51     27  Total Score = 1,377

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100 watts, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  Took some time to set
up our daughter's old college laptop for logging.  Got everything working but
rig control.  Signals in SNS on 20 were pretty good, but by the time the NS
started, 20 had gone way long.  I heard and called K5NZ, N4OGW, and one of the
TN stations without result.  West coast stations were strong.  Also got W0BH
and W9RE on 20.  40 was very good this week.  Did miss WA on that band, but
worked VA7ST on 20 and 40.  Stations as close as N4OGW and N4AF were strong
too.  40 was the best band this week.  Signals on 80 seemed weak.  QRN was high
and it was hard to copy N3DXX and W1UE through the QRN.  Signals from the W5,
W4, W8,and W9 areas seemed good, except that N3BB seemed weaker than usual.
Hope to work you all in FD this weekend.  KU8E and I along with our local radio
clubs will be using W4AN in the 3A class.  73, John, K4BAI.