[3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:30:29 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  343     0       8  Total Score = 1,454

Club:

Comments:

Score was 1,404 + 50 for the web form. Had a great time and there was always
someone new to work, no matter where I looked. Calling CQ wasn't always
effective, but S&P was. The CW speeds kept rates low, but still a lot of fun.

Saturday night, I kept imagining the field stations at the other end, working
at picnic tables by the light of Coleman lanterns and transceiver displays. I
think next year, I'll get out in the field myself again and relive the real
fieldday experience. And I'll drag the kids along -- maybe they'll catch the
same bug that got me started in this endlessly enjoyable hobby.

Conditions were not too hot on 80M Saturday night -- down 50Qs or so from last
year, as expected using a plain old trapped vertical vs. a 2-element (but low)
inverted-v yagi.

Felt stronger on the 40M half-squares (switchable E-W, N-S), with a few dozen
more Qs than last year's mediocre 2-el. wire yagi.

Found 20M pretty good, when using the MFJ noise canceler. Count was up a bit
this time.

Managed a few more 15M Qs than last year, but only 15 total after dupes and
Ds.

Hope to work lots of you on RAC Canada Day starting next Saturday evening. If
you get a chance, jump in on the CW bands and look northwest!