[3830] RAC Day K0RC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day K0RC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:45:34 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    4     13       3         5
   40:   31      4       7         1
   20:   52     58      10        11
   15:    7      3       4         1
   10:    8     11       5         6
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  102     89      29        24  Total Score = 103,456

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I concentrated on working Canadian stations with only a few US/DX contacts
sprinkled into the log. This was a 100% search & pounce event for me.
Propagation was not terrific, except 10 meters was HOT on Saturday evening and
provided more contacts than 15 meters did all weekend. And the signals were
booming in. The local WX was a major contributor to my distraction from
contesting. It was a nice sunny weekend with mild temperatures. I tuned across
160 meters about 0500z and heard nothing so I went QRT for the evening. I
didn't operate 6 or 2 meters so there's nothing to report on those bands. I
enjoy this yearly event because I get to announce to the VE5 stations that my
mother was born in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Unfortunately, I never get any
extra points because of that fact!

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN