[3830] RAC Day W0BH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Day W0BH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:09:55 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:    5      2       2         1
   40:   41     58       7         8
   20:  229    902       9        13
   15:    6     22       3         4
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  281    984      21        26  Total Score = 281,248

Club:

Comments:

The RAC Canada Day is a really fun, busy contest to work.  I missed the 10m
opening right at first (6m was apparently open, too) but was able to move a
number of folks to 15 on Sunday afternoon much to their surprise.  THANKS to
all who tried, successful or not!  Working VY0 always feels like "DX" to me,
and a nice surprise for me when one called in.  Some "genuine" DX as well .. a
YB9 and a VK/m OM and XYL pair (both hams) who chatted a bit as they were
driving along.  Also worked first HF contacts from two /AGs.

Overall, worked 415 VE and 103 DX, but was really down on the mults compared to
last year except on 20m.  The low bands were just too noisy this time around,
and 15 was open from KS to VE, but few Qs made except for those I moved.  Most
Qs (6) made with VE5EPK.  Congratulations to Paul, N4PN, for an outstanding
effort.

Already looking forward to the RAC-Winter!

73, Bob, w0bh