[3830] IARU K4TD SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K4TD SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:05:30 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: ALABAMA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:  109     0      12      18
   40:  271     0      24      25
   20:  319     0      32      16
   15:  180     0      16      13
   10:   21     0       4       0
-------------------------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Even though the IARU contest is one of my favorites, I was only able to mount a
part-time effort.  Between lawn work, family social obligations, and pool
maintenance (read that as maintaining goodwill with the XYL for contesting in
the summertime), there just wasn't a great deal of time left for this one.
But, hey, 12 hours of contesting is still better than a "poke in the eye with a
sharp stick," right?

My only complaint was that the local QRN level was unfortunately high during
the contest.  I had to adopt a "love/hate" relationship with the QRN.  The QRN
kept me from hearing as well as I would have liked, but at least there was rain
in the area, which we desperately need.  According to the rain guage on my Davis
WX-station we are 22.5 inches below average rainfall at this point in the year.

My thanks to everyone for all the QSOs and a special thank-you to those who
hung in there with me during the QRN.

73,

Rick
K4TD