[3830] NAQP RTTY N4GN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gn@n4gn.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N4GN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:42:05 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N4GN
Operator(s): N4GN
Station: N4GN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   70    34
   40:  149    49
   20:  233    49
   15:   79    34
   10:   40    24
-------------------
Total:  571   190  Total Score = 108,490

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team: KCG

Comments:

Thanks to Shelby (a.k.a. Bo), K4WW, for beating the drum and rounding up a KCG
team for this one.  I'm really glad I got on!

Really scrambled to get through some issues at work and take care of some
chores just in time to get on for this one.  Was rummaging through one of the
box of connectors to find the right one to split the audio into two RTTY
decoders (DXP38 and MMTTY), and finally came up with it at 1759Z!  Plugged it
in and made the firt QSO right on time.

Lots of nice sporadic-E made the first half of this contest really interesting.
 I continuously bounced from 20 to 15 to 10, and moved a lot of mults.  The
openings on 10 were mostly brief, so it really paid to keep checking back.
That's where I really missed not having a second radio for this one.  I really
need to work on improving my RTTY setup!

80 was really high QRN here, so I didn't spend as much time there as I probably
should have.  Thank God most of the guys who called in were already in the log
on another band--copy was really difficult for most stations.

Why do the rules STILL say DC counts as MD?  How do we go about convincing the
rule-makers to change this?

I'm still running WF1B in the shack.  Now if I can just find that ancient copy
of WT4I's Cabrillo tools, so I can convert the log . . .

73,
Tim, N4GN
n4gn@n4gn.com