[3830] CQWW VHF K4LY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K4LY SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:30:32 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EM85 SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

    6:  148    66
    2:   35    19
-------------------
Total:  183    85  Total Score = 16,530

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

When you are a senior citizen and retire to a new location, you must find a
doctor. Right?  Well, my Friday afternoon appointment with this apparently 20
year old (how do such young ones get their MD?) ended like this, "Also
Mr.Allen, you need to get a pneumonia vaccination, and I'll send the nurse
right in."  "Which arm, Mr. Allen?" the nurse asked with a serious expression.
"It doesn't matter," I said nonchalantly, oblivious to the gravity and
foreshadowing of her question and demeanor.
Well, the vaccination didn't hurt at all.  By bed time I had a headache, a
fever, and could not move my swollen right arm. All day Saturday- same symptoms
except now my swollen and immobile right arm was turning pick in places.  I
googled for the vaccination side effects, and hit the jackpot- every one.
Still I operated several hours Saturday and caught the main 6M openings, I
think.  Sunday morning I felt a little better, but watched the Tour de France
on TV for 3+ hours.  Tropo was as poor as I've seen it from this location, and
there was little more 6M Es Sunday.  The Tour de France (like last year's VHF
CQWW tour de force) was fantastique.
Doug Allen  Inman SC