[3830] CQWW VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1whs@worldpath.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:36:13 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS, K1BX, N1ESE, WW1M
Station: K1WHS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs): 22

    6:  796   179
    2:  165    32
-------------------
Total:  961   211  Total Score = 237,586

Club:

Comments:

Art K1BX operated 50 MHz for about 99% of the time. K1WHS = 1%. We seem to have
lost our voice keyer, so Art went "a capella". 144 was very slow. Ops there
included N1ESE on Saturday, K1WHS on Sunday until about 2 PM when WW1M finished
up. There was no propagation on 144. Humidity was exceedingly low with an
unstable air mass. Darn! On 50 MHz we thought Saturday was great, especially
2200 to 2400. There was some EU and some multi hop to CA, AZ, NM, CO, and TX.
The Southeast was well covered. Sunday was like pulling teeth. It was a
struggle and we never got anything going that day. Our best rate then was 14!!
Contacts on Sun, were quick Es, some scatter, and the locals. The six meter
score was FB using the newly refurbished array. The 144 score was forgettable.
The low activity really hurt us. N1ESE had fun running 144, though, for his
second ever contest venture. I hope he gets hooked.