[3830] ARRL UHF K9CVC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF K9CVC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:35:35 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: K9CVC
Operator(s): N0AKC, KB9PJL, K9AIH, K9MU, W9RAY
Station: K9CVC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EN44 WI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  222:   45    26
  432:   63    22
  903:   12    10
  1.2:   35    19
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    3     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  158    78  Total Score = 50,076

Club: Chippewa Valley VHF Contesters

Comments:

Once again, the CVVHF group operated from the W0AIH/W0UC antenna farm near Fall
Creek, WI. We spent several weeks prior to the contest getting rotators
working, networking computers, figuring out SWR issues, and hanging uwave
antennae. Despite our best efforts, equipment was still not working properly
once the contest started. The 432 stack developed a high SWR, and the 2304 Mhz,
10 GHz, and 902 Mhz systems were deaf. We switched out the 902 Mhz heliax run on
Saturday night and actually made a few QSO's on that band. 2304 Mhz was never
revived while on 10 Ghz we busted out our portable set-ups and worked the
mother ship for a few extra points. Overall, the contest was slow with poor
propagation. Besides W9FZ/R, rovers were hard to find and once found, hard to
get their attention.

Equipment consisted of:
222: 450w and 2X18 element yagis
432: 150w and 28 element yagi
902: 7w and 33 element looper
1296: 12w and 55 element looper
2304: Dead :(
10G: 2w and a dish

W9RAY took several pictures throughout the weekend. They can be found here:
http://www.cvvhf.org/gallery/uhf07

73,

The K9CVC crew.