[3830] WAE CW K1XM(@K1TTT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1xm@underwater.org
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1XM(@K1TTT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:29:23 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ma
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   78     0   104
   40:  351   260   132
   20:  571   759    98
   15:   70    30    54
   10:    1     0     2
-------------------------
Total: 1071  1049   390  Total Score = 826,800

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My original plan was to operate low power from home.  Then
I saw K1TTT's e-mail saying his station was available.  I
had to make a decision - tribanders or stacked yagis, stacked
yagis or tribanders.  Things were sufficiently busy for me
that I actually had to THINK about this.

I kept mostly to my original plan, single op low power with
my call.  Just louder.  Who wants to run amplifiers in the
summer anyhow?

Dave's station is about a two and a half hour drive from where
I work and I wasn't taking Friday off so I drove out to Peru
Friday afternoon.  Setting up meant that I plugged in my preferred
headphones and paddle and set up my notebook computer so I could
surf the internet if things got slow.

Dave is an excellent host and while I was pounding away on the
radios he was out installing towers for the new 4-square.  This
will probably be the last contest for the old 80 meter antenna.

I'm not an experienced SO2R operator and the WAE is not the best
contest to learn.  I'm sure I lost points because of it, sending
QTCs on the wrong band and typing callsigns into the wrong
window.

Got Sunspots?  Conditions were not good, worse than last year.
Still, my score was up substantially.

Congrats to Willie - your new station really plays!