[3830] NAQP SSB K5ER M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5er@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K5ER M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:54:11 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER, W5WZ, W5PEM, KE5JJJ, AD5XM, N5RLG
Station: K5ER

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: North Louisiana
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    9     7
   80:   41    18
   40:  268    46
   20:  328    39
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  646   110  Total Score = 71,060

Club:

Team:

Comments:

As others have commented, 10 and 15 were a bust. Even with gain antenna, never
heard a peep. Noise on 160 was tolerable, but signals popped in and then back
out quickly, almost like 6 meters. Glad 20 and 40 provided activity.

First time to use band decoders and automated antenna switching. Naturally,
Murphy struck and two relays of the "used" band switch failed. Cost us a little
time to get it repaired, but worked fine after that. When working right, the
automation is a big time saver.

Still trying to raise interest in the area, so we ran M/2 again, inviting a few
"not regular contesters" over, including a father/student pair. All had fun and
they expressed interested in SO'ing on their own, so I guess we accomplished
the goal. "Thanks" to W5WZ for supplying some of the equipment, and for keeping
the Q rate up.

"Thank You" to all who stopped by for the Q's and Mults.

Special thanks to my Wife, KB5SUI, for tolerating all the time and effort I put
into the hobby.

73!
Mark

"Putting North Louisiana on the contest map."
"See you in Dayton!"