[3830] Rus RTTY K4RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY K4RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 07:54:56 -0700
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   10    60     4
   40:   86   540    20
   20:  167  1150    39
   15:    6    45     5
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  269  1795    68  Total Score = 122,060

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Another fun RTTY contest.  Not a huge amount of participation,
but plenty of Believers were in there trying.  DX highlights
included a decent 20m opening to Asia an hour before my sunset,
and a VK4 on long path.  VA2UP had a huge signal on 15 meters,
but I never could get anything going there during the opening.
Not as many Russian QSOs as I'd hoped, but conditions were poor.

Here's a RTTY contesting tip.  Program a button with *only* the
variable exchange element in it, repeated several times, and nothing
else.  Don't put your call, their call, 599, TU, or anything else
in there.  When someone asks you for a repeat (or a second repeat)
send only the variable exchange info, and nothing else. Otherwise,
Murphy always takes out the needed characters in a longer text string.
This requires more repeats, and thus more time wasted. Contesting is
basically about using time efficiently. It's you against the clock.
Keep that in mind when programming your function keys.

73 and thanks for the QSOs!

-Kirk  K4RO