[3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5jaw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 22:12:01 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   62
   40:   91
   20:   94
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Ditters

Comments:

MkV Field 100w SO1R
Carolina Windom @ 30 ft (used on 20 and 40)
12 ft Tee top wire vertical for 80m (25 watts)

Conditions better than I expected, especially on 20, but seemed like there were
fewer participants than in February.  No hardware problems this time, so only
myself to blame for a few screw-ups.  Especially remember a QLF moment with
VY2/N3DXX -- sorry Art.

As usual in the real Sprint, I got beat out A LOT!  80 is always a struggle as
I still can only run 25 watts to avoid RFI problems next door.  But I humg in
there and managed my best QSO total of the 3 or 4 of these deals that I've
entered.  Thanks for the good ears and patience at the other end.

This is still the very best contest ever invented, making all others seem dull
by comparison.  The best bunch of operators ever assembled for 4 great hours.

73,
Jim, w5jaw