[3830] WAE SSB W2UP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB W2UP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 16:42:38 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W2UP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   32    10    14
   40:   60     0    22
   20:  490   547    46
   15:   97    36    21
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  679   596   103  Total Score = 325,120

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had some people ask, "W2UP on SSB - is it really you?"
Yes, it was really me.  I'm rebuilding the station after a bad lightning strike
in June, so new radio, new computer and new antennas.  Only thing that survived
was my Acom amp! So, I figured I'd test the station this weekend.  Still have
to work on my 80m antenna, but was very pleased with the F12 Magnum 240 and
C31XR. Also, I'm still learning the new radio (IC7800) and had the manual out
on the desk.  Is it possible to put VFO B in both ears?

Great to work the EUs, overall excellent ops.  Only complaint is the "last 2
letter guys" 95% of whom where Italian.  Interesting "contest" QSOs - 5X4X
called me, and I called HV0A, but he wouldn't give a number.  0 points for
both.

It was nice working some EU in the "American" phone band.  I was listening both
on my freq and in the EU phone band, and most guys called me on my frquency.  On
Saturday CT6A called me on 20, and I suggested we try 15m, even though there was
NOTHING on the band.  We made the QSO!  We did have a short, true opening on 15m
on Sunday morning.  Let's hope for some sunspots within the next few months!

Had 2 computer crashes.  In the second one, I lost about my last 40-50 QTCs.
I'm enclosing a note with my log so hopefully nobody loses any points over it.
Sorry guys!

73,
Barry