[3830] WAE SSB VE6CNU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB VE6CNU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:11:48 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   80:
   40:
   20:  84    84     56
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  84    84     56  Total Score = 9,408

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Making only 84 QSOs for 7.5 hours of operating is pretty sad.  I stayed up late
Saturday night trying to hear Europe on 40m and 80m and heard nothing.  Even on
20m it was S&P only, and only with the big gun stations.  When I compared my
list of stations worked with last year's there were only 10 that were the same.
 Last year I worked 65 stations in 4.5 hours in what was my first WAE
experience.  I must say I enjoy the QTC aspect, but I'm tired of this solar
low.  And I'm sure I wouldn't have worked as many stations as I did, had I not
put in this much time.  Some stations came and went within a matter of minutes
or seconds.  Others, like LX7I, DF0HQ, YT5A, ER4DX, GW4BLE, OM2VL, DP3A and
IT9BLB seemed to hang around on 20m for the duration.  At least somebody was
able to copy my QTCs!

I would propose that those of us in the western part of North America get some
sort of additional multiplier or some kind of bonus that evens things up a bit.
The eastern North America stations are almost as far away from us as Europe is
to them.  Of course, the European stations who work us would get additional
multiplier points or bonus points too.  Last year I made 3 QSOs with Europe on
40m and none on 75m.  This year I made zero.  Increasing the multiplier for
40m/75m does me little good from here.  Just something to think about.

Still, it was a fun contest (when the band was open) and I'm looking forward to
next year when things just have to be better!

Jerry
VE6CNU