[3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:55:10 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): K3MIM, KD4D, N3HBX, NA3D
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Poolesville, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  119         136
   40:  215         120
   20: 1084         100
   15:  216          56
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1634  1354   412  Total Score = 1,231,056

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is always a fun contest, but I wish we actually had some sunspots.
40 and 80 were suprisingly good around European sunrise on Saturday
night.  The band noise dropped and we had lots of fun from 0400-0600
or so.  Friday night was very poor on 40.

Fortunately, 15 opened Sunday morning...we only managed three QSO's on
Saturday.  Nothing on 10 meters.

We chose to maximize our rate when 15 was open and could not get rid of
all of our QTC's.  I think that was the right strategy.

I thought one of John's radios was "deaf".  Turns out I had the dummy
load selected on the antenna tuner - no wonder I couldn't hear anything!
We just used another one, so this didn't hurt us.  John pointed this out
to me Sunday afternoon.

Thanks to John Evans for letting us join him for this one.  And thanks
to Miriam, K3MIM, for coming on Sunday so Mark (NA3D) and I could get
some sleep.

Congratulations to NO2R for an amazing effort.  Thanks for the points and
QTC's.

Hour    80      40      20     15

0       18      19                              37
1       9       10                              19
2       3       34                              37
3       14      2                               16
4       8                                       8
5       16                                      16
6       5       1                               6
7               1                               1
9                       9                       9
10                      55                      55
11                      60                      60
12                      56                      56
13                      54                      54
14                      49      3               52
15                      47                      47
16                      48                      48
17                      51                      51
18                      49                      49
19                      54                      54
20                      38                      38
21                      61                      61
22                      63                      63
23      1       35      7                       43
        74      102     701     3               880
0       2       14                              16
1       9       13                              22
2       3       7                               10
3       4       1                               5
4       4       32                              36
5       25      17                              42
6               23                              23
7               7                               7
10                      33                      33
11                      71                      71
12                      37                      37
13                      12      39              51
14                              73              73
15                              63              63
16                              38              38
17                      47                      47
18                      29                      29
19                      28                      28
20                      41                      41
21                      48                      48
22                      48                      48
23              7       2                       9
        47      121     396     213             777
(blank)

        121     223     1097    216             1657