[3830] WAE SSB WO1N Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB WO1N Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:09:30 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   0     0      0
   40:  12     3     24
   20:  49    30     50
   15:   0     0      0
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:  61    33     74  Total Score = 6,956

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: FT1000D, C3SS@38', R7, N1MM

 Good fun during a rainy Sunday afternoon. 20 was open into Eu until about
2 hours before the end of the contest with obviously high angle radiation
as I received many reports of "big signal". Now with a 2 element tribander
at 38' and ~150W the propagation gods were smiling on me big time....

 Turns out a lot of folks struggled with the SQTC format of N1MM. I thought
I was just being stupid...made for some long uncomfortable pauses while the
computer and operator caught up ;-)

 40 really didn't work too well for me until about a 1/2hr before the end.

 Ken
 WO1N