[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:42:07 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 21

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  16      8
   40:  21      8
   20:   4      2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  41     18  Total Score = 738

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  20M was long at the start
and I was only able in the contest period to work WA and CA.  Before the test
started, I did work N7FO in AZ, W7WHY in OR, and N9CK, weak in WI, but no QSOs
with them during the contest period.  I went to 40 earlier than usual.  In the
SNS, I had worked N9NB, weak, on 40, but didn't work anyone closer than WI on
40 during the contest period.  I did hear W4NZ, N2NL, and W9RE, but they didn't
answer my calls.  It was great to work VE4XT and also Bob, F9OQ, for his #1.  80
seemed in good shape with almost no QRN and QSOs were possible with N6RO, W0YK,
and N9RV.  K0EJ, W4NZ, K1GU, and N9FC were loud, as was N4OX, but in my
receiver, Jay, N4OX, was covering about 10 khz of bandwidth with a buzzing
sound every time he transmitted.  This was without regard to whether or not I
had the noise limiter on.  There was a tone in the middle but it seemed very
narrow.  Jay was using a TS930 for the first time in the NS last night and I
wonder if anyone else noticed a buzz and broadness to his signal?  If so,
please e-mail Jay or e-mail me and I'll pass any other reports along to Jay.
Hope to work everyone again next week, hopefully with better results.  QSO
total this week isn't terrible, but not good either, and the mutliplier total
is very poor.  73, John, K4BAI.