[3830] SAC SSB OF4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB OF4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 01:37:47 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OF4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:  223    34
   40:  382    63
   20:  551    67
   15:  190    41
   10:  140    24
-------------------
Total: 1486   229  Total Score = 756,158

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The OH4A handicap of an emergency 80m antenna and
the second tower fixed westward was still there this
weekend. The culprit for the 80m arcing in the
CW leg was found to be a temporary wire sloping a bit
too loosely from the top of the tower in between
various antennas to the ground. When transmission was
on and the wind blew, the wire touched things and stuff
happened.... So 80m was fine in that respect this time,
and the other glitches of the CW leg were also
fortunately gone.

At that point it comes down to the operator, who
still has things to learn. Unfortunately I got off
to a slow start compared to the CW leg and was
never able to close the gap to the leading stations,
at least in terms of the number of QSOs. Regardless
of trying to operate carefully and safely I also
managed to wreak some technological havoc inside
the station as the contest went on, slowing things
down further. Some very nice ES openings took place
on 10m and 15m on Sunday, so my strenuous multiplier
work on those bands on Saturday was in vain in the end...!
Oh well.

It was great to have so many other Finns on the
air also in the SSB leg of the SAC. I think the
Scandinavian cup trophy will now return from its
temporary diaspora to its proper place of the
OH-land again after this year's contest. :)
For me it was once more a valuable learning
experience in many ways. Many thanks again to
Jukka OH6LI for letting me pilot his FB station.