[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:38:39 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 28

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   9      4
   40:  20     10
   20:  22      9
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  51     23  Total Score = 1,173

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hallelujah, Praise The Lord, Thank You, Jesus!!!

Tonight I FINALLY broke through the 50 QSO brick wall here.  Talk about being
pumped!!!

20m started off like gangbusters for Q's, although not many signals.  Timing
seemed to work & I started getting excited again about the prospects of making
50.

Then I QLF'd and CQ'd, CQ'd too long when everyone QSY'd to 40 & 80.  Lost
time, and then some gridlock trying to get going on 40m.  Panic started to set
in.  I waited too long to go to 80m & never made it to 160, but was intensely
paddling with both oars.  Apologies for several out-of-turn QLF calls due to
the heightened enthusiasm.

At the end of 02:58 with 47 Q's in the bag, the adrenalin was pumping.  How
could I get 3 Q's before the clock flipped to 03:00?  Thank God my lucky stars
brought W7OM, N6RO, and W7WHY into the log (Tom was #50) and the clock still
read 02:59 !!!

Umh, #51 with Ken/N6RO was kinda-sorta semi-rubber clockish, but one of us
called the other while it was still 02:59 here so I'm gonna count it
tonight!!!

Mega TNX to everyone for one heckuva an NS ride tonight.  Those with 4 or more
Q's in the log were:

K7SS  = 7  (DanWahhhh...you da man tonight - TNX!!!)
K4BAI = 5
N6RO  = 5
K9BGL = 4
W9RE  = 4

A special TNX to all of our NW NS Brethern...the "WAHHHH" gang, and for short
skip condx on 40m which made it all come together.

The only bummer was that my "friendly NS competitor", Kurt, K7NV, was not
heard.  You were missed, buddy!

Really great to have so many NS folks show up for the post-NS Net on 3610 @
0300.  If you haven't joined us yet after the NS, please do! N6RO does a great
job as Ringmaster.

73 & TNX again for ALL the Q's tonight...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust

P.S. CU in the CQP from SBEN - San Benito County
( http://www.k6vva.com/cqp2007 )