[3830] TxQP NX5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP NX5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:17:55 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KU5B, AB5K, N5DUW, KD5OWO, NA5TR, NT5TU (PART TIME),
KR5W (PART TIME)
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: BURLESON CO., TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0       0     0
   80:    8       0     0
   40:  207     767     0
   20:  255    1359     0
   15:    8      44     0
   10:    5      43     0
    6:    0       7     0
    2:    0      19     0
  UHF:    0       0     0
----------------------------
Total:  483    2239     0  Mults = 234  Total Score = 1,394,418

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Score includes 7500 mobile bonus points.  Could have been more but we missed
working several mobiles in one more county.
Nice participation from the rest of the country.  Thanks...that makes it fun
for us Texans.
We did not run full power in this one for two reasons.  First, seems I have
something to fix on my 40m system.  Something just was not right at high power
so we ran about 500 watts on that band.  Second, it is not necessary for a
domestic type event.  We ran at lower power levels on 20m as well.  Barefoot on
80m and about 1kw on 10 and 15m.
As many know, 40m cw was pretty much a wasteland with the rtty contest going
on.  We actually tried to connect a make-shift rtty station and just make a few
rtty qsos on 40m but we never did get it to work.  Not sure the rtty guys would
have liked us sending BURL along with the required report.  The general
thoughts among the operators who were here is that TQP might should be moved to
the weekend before CQWW RTTY (barring any conflict).  Less issues with 40m and
sharing the band plus there are some, even who were here, who like to do the
CQWW RTTY contest seriously.
There were openings on 10 and 15 but no one was there.  We worked into W3 and
W4 on 10, W7 and W4 on 15.  Sure will be fun when those bands are back again!

NO5W did a great job promoting this years event. Thanks Chuck!  And thanks to
NARS for the sponsorship.