[3830] CQ WW RTTY K8AJS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K8AJS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:26:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:  103   126       36       7     7
   40:  179   280       42      40    18
   20:  425  1008       37      67    20
   15:   48   105       13      18    11
   10:    8    23        0       3     3
Total:  763  1542      128     135    59  Total Score = 496,524

Club: Wayne Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

There's been other comments about the propagation; basically, it was terrible.
The big indicator for me, besides the numbers from WWV, was the contact points.
It took me approximately 80 more QSOs this year to get to the same number of
contact points I had last year. Last year my points-per-QSO average was 2.29,
this year it was 2.02. Multipliers? This year I had 2 less zone multipliers and
15 fewer country multipliers, but my states and provinces were up by 41. Some
pretty good indicators that I wasn't getting out very far.

I can't stay up the hours that I could when I was younger, and with rates
primarily in the 20s, I wasn't interested in staying up those hours. I made
interim objectives to keep me interested, just to keep me in the chair. First
there was making more QSOs than last year, then there was getting to last
year's total of QSO points (as I said, that came about 80 QSOs later). Then
came trying to reach last year's multiplier total. Finally came the one that I
didn't reach: I was shooting for half a million points. I didn't get there, but
maybe next year there will be a little propagation and I'll be able to reach
it.

Rig: FT1000MP + ALS-600 amp, 500 watts
Antennas: Sloper, 204-foot G5RV, 3/4 element quad (3 el 20/15, 4 el 10)
Software: WriteLog 10.58d