[3830] CaQP W6RFU School HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac6t_2@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6RFU School HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:48:44 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6RFU
Operator(s): AC6T, KG6K, K6QD,+
Station: W6RFU

Class: School HP
QTH: SBAR
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

  160:    0      0
   80:   39     18
   40:  101     22
   20:  352    268
   15:  118     99
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Amateur Radio Club at UCSB

Comments:

First CQP effort for the UCSB ARC as school club entry.  More casual effort than
typical for me.  We had 3 main operators but also exposed some students and
another professor to the contesting experience.  One of the students jumped at
the chance to operate the station under our supervision for 2 hours and was
really jazzed about it.  Maybe we have a new contester in making - now we need
to make sure he gets licensed.  Perhaps I can hold up his grade until he does -
hi!

The station performed pretty well on 20 and 15, but big time noise problems
still on 40 and 80.  we just don't hear well toward the east in the
quasi-industrial environment that the station is in.

73  Steve AC6T

FT847 + SB220 => Force 12 C4SXL @ 130 ft.; dog-legged dipole for 80.