[3830] CaQP W1UE(@K1TTT) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W1UE(@K1TTT) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:23:02 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0      0
   80:   66     48
   40:   93    117
   20:  141    359
   15:   82     79
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  That was fun!

Congrats to VE7SZ, N4PN, and W0BH for their fine out-of-state scores.  Hope I
didn't leave anyone out.

My apologies to those that I couldn't hear on 40 and 80M.  A cold front came
through the area about 6pm local time; I actually had to go QRT for 30 min due
to local lightning.  The noise level on 40M was a constant S6, and on 80M a
constant S7 with static crash peaks on both over S9; without the West beverage,
I wouldn't have been able to hear anything.  The noise level did slack off about
2AM Sun morning, but by then the casual ops in Ca seemed to have gone to bed.
Still, thanks to your persistence, I was able to put a good number of stations
in the log on both bands.

160M: Heard K6XX S5 but he couldn't hear me.  No others heard.
80M: New 4-square worked great (Rohn 25 with 8 elevated radials on each)
40M: 4/4 at 180/60 ft.  Top antenna only was almost always best.
20M: 4 at 180ft or 4 at 60ft.  Top antenna was almost always best, except when
storm front was in vicinity (static hiss was 20 over)
15M: 4/4 at 120/40 ft.  Worked FB.  Band opened well about 1800Z both days, but
wasn't runnable.  Almost everyone worked on 15M was a "contester"- the casual
ops didn't seem to go to 15M to make it runnable.
10M: Not a peep.

Sweep was complete at 0023Z; last two counties worked were Tehama (N6RNO at
2250Z) and Yolo (W6OT at 0023Z).  Consistently loudest stations:  K6LA and N6O.

Many thanks to Dave K1TTT for the use of his great station, and to all the ops
that QSYed for me.  Always nice to renew old friendships with those from my old
state.

See you next year.

Dennis W1UE (ex-NB1B)