[3830] CaQP N6WG SOFixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6WG SOFixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:13:02 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: NewarkCA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:   20      2
   80:   62      0
   40:   75      0
   20:  134      6
   15:   33      7
   10:    1      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  325     15  Mults = 45  Total Score = 45,225

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always, this was a fun event.  It's quite different, for a
6-call to just sit and CQ and have people answer!

W6OAT and I kept alive our tradition of working each other on
all bands 160-10m.  Didn't move anyone else between bands though.
In an unusual experience for me, I actually had a run going for a
while.  Around 10-12 stations calling me, one right after
the other.

I set my goal for 300 Qs and 40K points.  Made it with a bit
to spare--340 Qs and 45K points.  I was really worried whether
I would be able to do it, as I had a serious white noise come
up across all bands for about 10 minutes or so.  Thought sure
I was done for the rest of the contest, but it went away after
a bit.  This is the first time I've fallen below 400 Qs in the
last four years, but looking at propagation, I pretty much
expected that to happen.  At least I'm hanging in there.

Mostly CW this time, as conditions didn't seem favorable to QRP
SSB :-)  There were a number of no-show mults this time.  However,
I did manage to work more VEs than in the past.  Missed only VE2,
VE4, and the VYs.  Maybe next year :-)

Now it's time to review the antenna system to see what I can
tweak a bit before the next contest.

Thanks for all the Qs.  It was fun.
73, Bob N6WG