[3830] CaQP N6IMP(W6SJ) SOCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6IMP(W6SJ) SOCntyExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:03:40 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6IMP
Operator(s): W6SJ
Station: N6IMP

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: IMPE
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:
   80:   93      7
   40:  195     27
   20:  282    121
   15:   96     14
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Salton Sea ARC - the Lowest Down Club in hte Country

Comments:

Rig:            IC756PROII
Antennas:       80- Dipole at about 30 ft
                40 and 20 â?? Sigma 40XP
                15 â?? Sigma 5

Missed NT â?? OK          Missed NV and NM â?? not OK

I spent very little time S&P which is probably why I missed the close states.
But demanding that I keep calling CQ was a good lesson. Had some good runs
going and maintained over 60 per hour until late in the contest with bursts at
over 100 per hour.

Still 4:1 CW versus phone.  Iâ??m not an SSB guy although when it was
â??working,â?? it felt good. It just didnâ??t work enough.

Could have done better if Iâ??d hit more CA stations, only 10% of total.

Doing a County expedition solo is tough because every time you have to do
something, like fix an antenna that wonâ??t work right, you have to stop
operating.  I stopped early to pack up and go home when it slowed down on
Sunday and I got full nightâ??s sleep which accounted for only 16.5 hours in
the chair.

Force 12 Sigma vertical antennas next to the salt water worked great with
excellent signal reports from those I asked. Not QRO, but 100 watts never felt
so good.