[3830] PaQP W3USA Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP W3USA Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:01:40 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR, AC8E
Station: W3USA

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 15 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   37     15
   40:  410     38
   20:  172     17
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------------------
Total:  619     70      0         0  Mults = 87  Total Score = 95,979.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The score includes the mobile counties bonus but not a couple of W3P bonus
station qsos.

By County:
       CW  SSB
LAW    26    5
BUT    57    4
ARM    45    5
INN    41    0
CMB    22    6
BLA    34   10
HUN    30    2
CEN    31    0
CLE    74   14
CRN    43   17
ELK    45    3
JEF    35   10
CLA    52    0
VEN    45    0
MER    33    0

29 counties  57 sections 1 DX

With the Indians in the baseball playoffs, I worked both Friday and Saturday
night, to hang out at the TV transmitter just in case. Tough job to watch
baseball on TV and get paid for it, but you know, somebody has to do it. I did
not plan to have the Saturday night game go past 1:30 am, so I only had about 4
hours of sleep. Fortunately driver AC8E did not stay up for the game, so he
arrived rested and on time Sunday morning.

Conditions were decent if one didn't need to talk to in state stations on 40
meters. A few months ago I picked up a new 4 resonator mount for the Hustler,
and with the 10 meter resonator in place it also loads on six meters. So with
the 20 meter Hamstick in place and 2M FM, I have 12 band modes available. I
tried a couple of calls on 2M and spent a minute CQing on 28040 cw at the
appointed hour, but nothing there. But it should be fun in a couple of years.

It was a very nice day to be out touring in Pennsylvania, although with the
warm autumn and dry summer the leaves have not yet changed colors. I did not
really miss doing the first day, with the need for 7 hours of driving after
dark, a relatively short off time between operating periods, motels to deal
with, the Saturday night RTTY QRM, and the need to depend on 80 meters for long
stretches.

Now to unpack the car until the Michigan QSO Party in April 2008.

73  -  Jim   K8MR