[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:19:17 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 19

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   5      2
   40:  27      9
   20:  14      5
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  46     16  Total Score = 836

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thank God for the NS tonight!

Got home from a Chamber of Commerce mixer about 0200 and sucked up in what
proved to be a real LIDFEST with C52C on 40m CW.  Some PSYCHO-LID was sending
dits zero beat for a while blotting out C52C, and I got real irritated (a very
mild word to described how I was really feeling) over all the CLOD operators in
the pileup and almost shut everything off for the night ;-(

Several minutes before zero dark thirty I decided to jump into the NS
aggressively with both feet and it was nice to hear a few signals on 20m.

40m was the money band tonight with K7SS & W7OM the Big Sigs on the block from

the NW.

Didn't hear a peep out of NS regulars W9RE, W7WHY, K1GU, etc., but N9NB was
loud from TX this week...I assume maybe playing at N3BB's station again?

Tnx to all for helping restore some hope in ham radio again after the foul
taste in my mouth from the C52C ordeal.  What a shame there are so many
friggin' LIDS on the DX bands these days ;-(

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust