[3830] TBDC VE3TA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ta@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3TA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:04:20 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3TA
Operator(s): VE3TA
Station: VE3TA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN93
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 200  Total Score = 587

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Operated from my farm at EN93. Too early for Beverages as the fields need
plowing first. I put up a 1/2 wave dipole Saturday afternoon with one end on my
new 70 ft Trylon tower and the other end in the trees at about 40 ft. It's too
low but seemed to work well enough. I also used a DX Eng 4 Square with 9i8 ft
spacing and a 6 ft diameter Magnetic loop built by VE3NE from 1/2 inch Heliax.

HP with Orion I & Titan III

I was totally disappointed with the 4 square but the Coax Loop saved the day.
It was still a slog trying to copy the weak ones

Operated 5 hours 10 minutes

200 Qs after 3 dupes, 587 Points as calculated by Win-Test 3.16.0
Average km 1,229
Op time 5h
Best DX RL3BM 7,567 km
Other DX