[3830] JARTS VE1OP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS VE1OP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:14:21 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:   79   178    25
   40:  273   645    49
   20:  794  2094    84
   15:  440  1236    65
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1586  4153   223  Total Score = 926,119

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Tough sledding on 40/80 with LP and dipoles, so I turned the amp on Sunday
evening in an effort to make Q's, but lots of stations still couldn't pull me
through and the noise here was bad at times, so score is low on the low bands
for the time I spent there...80 metres just didn't seem busy at all...However,
condx on 15/20 were the best I've heard in a long time...15 was open both
mornings here and sigs from EU/AF were loud and steady...Nice to see...I'm
being patient for similar condx on 10...JA signals were decent both evenings on
20, but there didn't seem to be many on...

Had 8 stations report an age <20, 22 stations 80 or older with the oldest at
89...Most were between 50 and 60...Seemed to be a lot of 59 year olds...

Great fun, except for the foolishness going on with Telnet spots and attempts
at frequency stealing, but I guess that will never end...I bettered my prior
personal best of 728,000, so mission accomplished...Congrats to the great
scorers at the top of the list...

CU in WAE RTTY in November, the most fun RTTY contest of them all for me...

73, Scott VE1OP