[3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD(@VE3SY) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD(@VE3SY) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:00:19 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3XD
Operator(s): VE3XD
Station: VE3SY

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1536    31      120
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1536    31      120  Total Score = 581,954

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

As I was doing a SO operation this year at VE3SY I decided to try SB20 to get in
some reasonable sleep time. Good start on Friday evening and then Saturday
followed with good conditions. By the end of Saturday over 1000 Qs were in the
log resulting from good runs into Europe, U.S. and Japan. I recall CQWW
weekends where it was tough to do that working all bands. hi. Sunday morning
was very slow and I was wishing for more than the 800 watts I was running. Good
mults that I could hear well could not hear me. But by Sunday afternoon good
propagation returned with another good run into Europe. A number of mults
called me from Africa and the Pacific which helped out in the zone and country
counts.

Thanks to Paul VE3SY for the use of his amp and antenna and to Marg VE3BLJ and
Barb for the great meals. Another memorable contest at VE3SY.

73, Don VE3XD