[3830] CQWW SSB VE3TA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ta@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3TA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:28:06 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3TA
Operator(s): VE3TA
Station: VE3TA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EN93 Orangeville
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:  155     5        7
   80:  382    13       27
   40:   70    13       34
   20:  506    25       95
   15:   83    16       42
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1196    72      205  Total Score = 762,027

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First real SSB contest for me and now I really know that I prefer CW. Got the
headset interfaced to the rig about 30 minutes before the contest but couldn't
get the voice keyer running.

Temporary 20 M beam helped but was unable to get anything going on 20M on
Saturday; just lack of experience. Inverted vee for 80 and low dipoles for 160
& 40. Managed a few runs on 160 and 80 and was happy to see the rate meter go
above 400 several times. Best 10 minute rate was 444/hr.

Nice to work almost 100 countries on 20 including a few JA and Pacific. Was
happy with 43 Countries out of 83 Qs on 15 using the 40 M dipole but it was a
real slog and couldn't work many that I called. Same frustration on 160 where I
could hear a lot more DX than I could work.

Orion I, A2000 & Wintest 3.17

73, Paul, VE3TA