[3830] CQWW SSB VA3XQ SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3XQ SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:06:00 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA3XQ
Operator(s): VA3XQ
Station: VA3XQ

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Parkhill,Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 19.18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  190    22       76
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First contest on the 15 meter band for me. Conditions Sunday were very poor. My
QTH had very strong atmospheric noise here with a constant s9 noise level.
Pulling out the signals was tough. Used a 2 element wire beam. One end is
strung 35'in a tree and the other is angled down and attached with bungee cords
to various trees on my property. Everytime I needed to change transmitting
directions, I had to run outside and swing the beam around by tying it to
another tree or flipping it over to face the opposite direction. Then boot it
back into the house and call the station. Man what a workout, but that wire
beam is really a super antenna.
Good contest, lots of stations on 15 and that was great fun.
jeff