[3830] CQWW SSB W3UA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ua@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W3UA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:54:37 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA, NU3C
Station: W3UA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:   32    10       22
   80:  203    22       77
   40:  241    25       90
   20: 1495    34      131
   15:  595    24      119
   10:   34    11       34
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Nice test. The highlight was an hour on 15 with 160+ QSOs on Sunday morning --
the first time ever from this QTH (since I moved here in 2004). The biggest
flop -- missed 10 meter opening to EU at the very same time. All my fault -- I
should not let NU3C to sleep -- the mult radio was on 10, I saw the band scope
dancing like crazy, but was so occupied with the pileup... It costs us at least
30 mults -- not enough to catch up with K9RS, but still sad. Another
disappointment -- poor performance of our 160 meter vertical. It was not just
the matter of propagation -- W1JR (less than 10 miles west of my QTH) easily
worked C50C, but I didn't despite many calls. I need to get back to the drawing
board and build something serious for 80 and 160. Maybe next summer project...

Thanks to N1MM for keeping score on the http://www.getscores.org/ -- real
encouragement, especially on Saturday morning when they were ahead of us.
Indeed, I would love to see more people posting their scores -- it makes the
test more live. I hope W1VE will fix the detailed scoreboard before the CQ WW
CW. I wish the real winners show up on the scoreboard during the test, too --
so we "the small pistols" could run after them. K5ZD proved that it doesn't
hurt!