[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:47:14 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): ~39

  160:   17     8        8
   80:  105    22       35
   40:  288    25       47
   20: 1053    36      110
   15:  272    27       62
   10:   58    10       21
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

That was tough.  A high K index and a low solar flux spelled disaster for my
score this year.  Overall, I am down almost 1 meg from 2006.  In hindsight, the
low bands just did not produce; which made for two very long and frustrating
nights!  Mult totals are significantly lower as poor EU paths and mediocre JA
runs added to the frustration.

On the high bands, 15m was all S&P until a late (but most welcomed) Sunday
afternoon JA run.  And the reliable 20m band sputtered as typically long and
robust EU runs did not materialize.  This is the bottom, right?

Thank you to all the great operators worldwide that make this such a fun
contest, especially the 1,793 stations that made it into my log!

73 de Mitch, K7RL

P.S. Congrats to the big scores back east!  Wow!