[3830] CQWW SSB CT1ENQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, etjfonte@ua.pt
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CT1ENQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:22:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT1ENQ
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN51uk
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   60     5       30
   40:   94    11       41
   20:  224    14       60
   15:  123    13       44
   10:   55     9       25
------------------------------

Club: NPDXG - Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

After 13 years since last my CQWW, here I am. No real preparation, came late
from work and cleaned the shack table for the laptop etc. My main goal, due to
my conditions was to make more than 100k points. Only had a long wire, turned
into dipole, antenna (30m longwire = 24/6 dipole) and an Icom 706MKIIG with
1.9kHz SSB Narrow filter. First hours only scored a few big-guns and then went
to sleep (busy working week). Tried to wake up early (6/7 hours sleep) and
start fresh to achieve my goal. Higher bands opened a few hours after and went
from 40m to 10m, 20 meters were too crowded for a litle gun like me. Although
my conditions were bad i still could manage nice mults, failed to get
IM0/IK0FMB on 10m. The 15m were great, 20 and 40m was the place where chaos
ruled. Must thank to the good ears from some stations that pulled me out of
noise where others tried once and prefered to call cq test over and over....
Failed to get the Sunday US 10m opening, it was lunch time but my main goal was
already achieved by that time.
Since i've been away from contesting this was like a training exercise.
Big thanks to Paulo, CT1ETE for the PS50 so that saturday afternoon I could
output 100W.

Highlights:
.Could hear YB0ZZ but was on the same frequency of some US station.
.Worked a couple of new DXCCs.
.Hearing the "Thanks for Multiplier" from some stations, specially sunday
night, from VE2Z, also a new mult for me on 40m(zone 2). He tried hard to get
my call :) Thanks!

Not so good:
.Some bands too crowded! (20 and 40m)
.high static noise on lower bands (80 and 160)
.Stations using the same frequencies.
.Extra High Power and over-modulation. Some stations took too much bandwith.
Had to use the attenuator a few times.

Conclusion: 557 QSOs and over 200k points was not bad for a small long wire and
a radio without many filtering capabilities. Thanks all. C U on the bands.

PS: Super Duper did not count 4U1WRC !?!? It gave me 0 points and no
Multiplier. I think that at least 1 point it should give.