[3830] CQWW SSB VU2PTT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VU2PTT SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:42:20 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40:   30    14       21
   20:  162    22       54
   15:  200    24       77
   10:   70    13       28
------------------------------

Club: SCCC - DX Member

Comments:

Rig: Icom 746 PRO - 100 Watts
Ant: F12 C3/S up 30' above my roof, Wire vertical with 1 radial on 40m
Software: N1MM Logger 7.10.7 with DVK feature

Just installed my Force-12 C3/S 30 feet above my roof on the day before the
contest :) It works but seems to be a problem with the balun - must try and get
a F12 B-1 balun somehow before the CW part. Ran 100W from an IC-746 PRO and if
only the Sun could help a bit. A 40m wire vertical was thrown up on the day of
the contest for good measure and DVK from N1MM Logger works quite well - won't
hesitate to do phone contests anymore :)

Nice late opening on 10m the 2nd day and FY5KE calling in on my CQ there took
the cake!! The only NA heard on 20m was K3LR who managed to miss getting my
full call - he got PTT though! On 15m, the only NA station heard was VO1HE.
Nice ones worked include C50C, 1A3A, V73RY, and as always HC8N among others.
Thanks for your sharp ears guys!

Special thanks go to Brad K7ZSD who helped find, dismantle and ship the C3/S
for me from Portland to LA when I was there.

See you in the CW part!!!