[3830] CQWW SSB FS/K1XM(@FS5KA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1xm@underwater.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FS/K1XM(@FS5KA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:13:04 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FS/K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: FS5KA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St Martin
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   32     7       20
   80:  436    17       47
   40:  849    21       81
   20: 1054    28      104
   15: 1603    25       88
   10:  378    16       28
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: TS-2000, Alpha 78

Antennas:  Tennadyne Log, 40 dipole, 80 and 160 inverted vees

Special thanks to Mort, W1UQ/PJ7UQ/FS5UQ and his family
for the use of the station, equipment, place to stay,
and their help overall.

This wasn't intended to be a very serious operation, which is
good because a few things went wrong.  Among them:

3.  The Alpha 78 had a fried bandswitch section.  I jumpered
    it and could use it in manual tune mode on 160-15.  It
    wouldn't tune on 10 (too much capacitance).

    I had an Alpha 374 that would run on 10 meters but when I
    turned it on it tripped the main breaker for the building.

    Note that it did not blow the fuses or trip the breaker for
    the circuit.

    The problem is that this is a commercial installation and
    the main breaker has ground fault protection.  The 374 has
    a 120 volt fan and the fan is wired between one leg of the
    power and the neutral.  This caused the amp to draw current
    on the neutral wire and the breaker shut down the building.

2.  I had to put up the 40 meter antenna Friday morning in
    the rain.  My original antenna plan proved too dangerous
    due to the weather so I built and installed a dipole.

    I started the contest wiped out.

1.  The beam was facing the wrong way (West, I think) for
    most of the weekend.  Sunday morning I was missing such
    rare mults as HA, SP, and UR on 20.  After the rain
    stopped I got it aimed at Europe and left it there.

0.  It was a phone contest.

For the CQ WW CW I'll be on as 6V7D, probably SOAB QRP.  See
you all then!