[3830] CQWW SSB C6APR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, esteeble@sc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB C6APR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:10:07 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: C6APR
Operator(s): W2GJ,K3IXD,K4QO
Station: C6APR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bahamas (NA-113)
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  221     9       16
   80:  679    18       50
   40:  536    19       48
   20:  499    20       53
   15: 1182    21       58
   10:  221    10       17
------------------------------

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all for the QSOs and to the many who found for us for multi-band
QSOs.
We more than tripled our last year's score, even with low sun spots.
The rig was an IC-7000 and THP Amp.
The antennas: 160m - two phased Inverted Ls;
80/40m - two phased HF2Vs verticals;
        Home made receiving loop for 160m/80m;
20m,15m,10m - 2 R5s verticals phased broadside to US/JA;
        and - 2 R5s verticals phased broadside to EU
We had a backup IC-7000 and amp but never needed them.
In total we transported 500 pound of rigs, antennas, and coax in a private
plane for our second CQWW SSB from the site: Crooked Island Lodge,Pittstown
Point, Crooked Island, Bahamas. QSOs are also good for IOTA NA-113 and ARLHS
Lighthouse BAH-005.
It was a nice surprise to find 10m open several times. 15m was our best band.
We confirmed that verticals play very well near salt water and phased verticals
play very well.