[3830] CQWW SSB W4TMN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4tmn@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4TMN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:30:03 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4TMN
Operator(s): W4TMN
Station: W4TMN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Toano, VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   67    14       37
   40:  111    17       54
   20:  236    20       77
   15:  136    17       59
   10:   37     8       18
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I did not have a good feeling about this year's contest because I have been too
busy to participate in my usual "warmup contests", CAQP & PAQP.  Matter of
fact, the last contest I was in seriously was the IARU HF in July.  I was
almost tempted to quit after the terrible conditions on Friday night and early
Saturday morning.  Once the storms left the area, things began to pick up and I
was able to beat last year's score when the contest was only half finished.
That made me decide to stick with it instead of watching college football or
playing with the kids.  I started having computer problems Saturday evening and
I had to keep fooling with it and that kept me from working a number of
contacts.  I can't complain about my 100 watts and a G5RV.  It allowed me to
work a couple of new countries for me during this one.  And it definitely
performed better than last year!!!   It was great to hear all of the big guns
and especially my friend Paul, N4PN, working hard on 40 meters.  I always
listen in amazement to the efficiency of stations such as W3LPL, K3LR, N4PN,
and W5WMU to name just a few.  I can't wait until we get some sunspots!!!!  I
really appreciate all of the effort that everyone took digging my puny signal
out of the mud and being patient as I had to repeat my call a few times.
Thanks for all of the Q's!  See you next year when I try to top this year's
personal best score!