[3830] CQWW SSB IO4T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4vet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IO4T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 07:17:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4HLQ, IK4VET, IK4XCL, IK4ZHH, IZ4EFN, IZ4HVM, IZ4JMA
Station: IO4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Modena
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  174     8       57
   80:  622    17       76
   40:  461    26      107
   20: 1292    36      137
   15: 1046    37      138
   10:  272    20       89
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Wow! Vy good contest QSO and score record at IO4T.
Our team is improving on year after year. Vy good job on mult station this
year.
Tnx for visiting, supporting (and operating a little) to IW9HIK IZ4DYQ IK2JUB.

RUN          MULT
FT1000MP -   IC761
AL1200   -   TL922

Mult station was a real "mults only".
Filters dunestar, stubs.
Switch boxes by IZ4EFN.

***On IO4T roof:
10m 4 yagi (5m hight on the roof)
15m 5L (12m hight on the roof)
20m 5L (10m hight on the roof)
10/15/20    KLM KT34A
40m flat top full size dipole (6m hight on the roof looking to US), sloping
dipole n/e
80m sloping dipole + 1/4 vertical "biscia"
160m dipole +  vertical "biscia"

***On IO4T garden (2-300m of coax away from shack):
K9AY, beverage 200m to USA, beverage 160m to JA

Our big improvement since last IARU HF has been otpimize K9AY and put down
BVGs. XCL HVM job, EFN help and pre-contest tests helped a lot!
We are in Modena city and probably full dipped on a big noise area. Rx antenna
are to improve since still are noisy (IK2JUB ears are sure on that!) but
already are a big help in copy callsigns rapidly on 80/160.

I think conditions were bad but not very bad as expected for outside EU.
Thanks to Es on 10 and 15 we run away from crowded 20m.

160: many eu but 2 z5 qsos only (VY2ZM, K3BU)
 80: our money band during night, good number US qso on 2nd night, no way to
break pileup on many Carribean mults.
 40: for the first time (thanks to new flat top dipole) we were able to run a
little split US and a good number of EU for our personal best 460 QSO!
 20: as expected vy crowded band many EU but not too bad to JA and US. Lost
some zone and some mult as we always on 20m...
 15: the only real "more then expected" band; some JA in the early morning then
EU then a quite a good number of US east cost mainly z5. Just one z3 qso: WE7K
answered to our run.
 10: vy hard... openings were on Es but seemed to be better on z14 since many
spots were totally absent! We put on the log KC1XX NQ4I K1TTT AA1ON during a vy
little 5 minute opening when others EU were running better. On Asia mult too we
listen few of we saw on the cluster.

On all bands but mainly on 80/40 calling mults has been a real hard fight with
other big EU team.

See you on WWCW, any comments to ik4vet@gmail.com

73s

Andrea